How to be successful in life?
Have you ever wondered why some people are successful, fulfill their dreams and live their lives to the fullest while others go to work they don’t like, live on a shoestring, and spend their free time watching TV?
What is the difference between successful people and those whose lives are mediocre?
You probably think that our adult life is dependent upon our childhood and how our parents raised us. But it turns out that a lot of billionaires and successful people come from poor homes, and their parents weren’t successful people e.g. Aliexpress owner- Jack Ma, Jay-Z or even CR7! Starbucks owner- Howard Schultz, who grew up in a very poor neighborhood, confessed that it was observing people who had a better lives that motivated him to work on himself.
So what makes some people go forward, develop, overcome all the difficulties and achieve great success, and others waste their lives doing things they don’t like?
- Grit and perseverance are the most important features! Most people quit as soon as it gets hard that’s why they never succeed whereas successful people grit their teeth and keep going! Successful people just don’t quit until they achieve their goal. Most businessmen went bankrupt many times, but did not give up until they founded a company that brought them fame and huge income. Outstanding athletes have lost many times, but have not stopped fighting until they have achieved their dream trophy! If you want to be successful, you have to be stubborn, try until you succeed and never get discouraged by obstacles!
- Don’t care about negative comments- we envy famous people, but what sets them apart from the rest is the courage to expose themselves publicly to criticism. Every media person will read or hear something unflattering about himself/herself- the point is that they don’t care. They do their thing anyway and don’t let others to stop them! Unfortunately, people can tell you demotivating things because they will be afraid that you will become better than they. Never let anyone distract you from your dreams!
- Self-belief– that’s the feature that helps to persevere when it ‘s hard! If you believe that you will succeed anyway, then no difficulties will take away your dreams. You must believe that you are the only one who can use your potential 100% and provide you with a wonderful life. If you persevere, you will achieve whatever you want!
Think of successful people you know.. Let’s take famous footballers. Don’t they all share the above qualities?
Let’s take Robert Lewandowski, for example. When he started to play for Borussia Dortmund he didn’t do his best, sometimes he didn’t score into empty net for which he was ridiculed. What did he do?
- He stubbornly worked on himself, on his form and football skills. After the scheduled training, he stayed on the field to practice even more!
- Although the German media gave him a mauling, he did not care. When others laughed and insulted him, he trained and worked for his success.
- RL9 believed that additional workouts, an excellent diet and taking care of regeneration would pay off! He didn’t care that others didn’t believe in him or that he wasn’t very young anymore.. He believed he could be the best and that’s what happened: in 2020 he became the best player in the world and with his team he won all possible prizes! And in addition, in the same year he defended his master’s degree and became a father for the second time.
It really paid off, didn’t it? 😉
The article writen on the basis of “Grit the power of passion and perseverance“ by Angela Duckworth