Best football tricks
In the presentation of the penalty kick technique note that the player assumes the same position vis-á-vis the ball while aiming at either the left or the right corner. The short run-up, as shown, is optional.
Before striking the ball don’t forget to visualize the kick. As Jack Nicklaus, the best golfer of all time, put it: I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp, in-focus picture of it in my head. The quote comes from Motivation and Motivation +.
The best way to score a penalty kick
Sport University of Cologne conducted a research on the most important factors and the chances of success when performing a penalty kick. The analysis was based on 80 studies.
Below it's a brief sum-up:
1. Think over your strategy and the way you want to shoot before you actually do it.
2. You need to be aware that the most certain shot happens when the ball touches the upper 1/3 part of the goal. Shooting this way, you leave the goal-keeper almost 0% of defending the penalty kick. Only 13% of all footballers mastered this skill. (Please watch the video 22: Training, Video, Trick – Penalty kicks).
3. 30% of kicks hit the middle part and 67% the lower part of the goal. This technique of kicking is very popular yet more risky, as the goal-keeper expects the ball to hit there.
4. Keep in mind that a right-footed footballer viewed from the perspective of a scorer usually aims at the left corner of the goal. To increase your chances of scoring, pick the other corner.
5. You should know that left-footed player viewed from the perspective of a scorer usually aims at the right corner. It might be worthwhile to kick the ball into the opposite one.
6. The red colour of a player’s jersey often irritates the goalie.
7. Don’t let the movements of the goal-keeper diminish your confidence. Concentrate on scoring the whole time .